IMPACTS9 will achieve its goal by
- Supporting coordination of the CCUS sector and strengthening of partnerships between national, EU, industrial and academic stakeholders.
- Rationalising and increasing the public and private funding sources needed for delivery of the CCUS R&I activities and monitoring their delivery.
- Preparing the framework conditions for an accelerated deployment of CCUS technologies.
- Supporting dissemination and communication of the delivery of the CCUS SET-Plan targets.
- Ensuring cross-thematic coordination with the Implementation Plans established to deliver the other SET Plan targets.
IMPACTS9 has been structured in a way that would allow the support in the activities that are undertaken within the CCUS SET-Plan and its Implementing Working group (IWG9)
WP1 considers ethics issues and is a standard WP in all H2020 funded projects
WP2 is led by CCSA and deals with the management of IMPACTS9 and the support to the operation of IWG9.
WP3 is led by BGS and deals with the support to the realisation of the CCUS SET-Plan targets. This will be achieved through the follow-up of the 5 IWG9 subgroups (SG) that IMPACTS9 is mirroring:
- SG1 on full-scale projects, clusters and infrastructure led by CCSA
- SG2 on capture led by SINTEF
- SG3 on storage led by BGS
- SG4 on utilisation led by CO2VE
- SG5 on modeling led by CCSA
WP4 is led by SINTEF and sets the framework conditions for large scale deployment of CCUS technologies.
WP5 is led by CO2VE and deals with the communication and dissemination activities.